Christmas Spiced Nuts
These Christmas spiced nuts are easy & simple and make such a mouth-watering healthy roasted nuts snack. Sweet and spicy roasted almonds are great to serve as nibbles during the festive period! Glaze the nuts in cinnamon and festive seasoning to make delicious Christmas roasted almonds.
This recipe is part of our Christmas Hamper recipes series as it is a great homemade gifting idea. Click the link for more inspiration on building a food Christmas Hamper!
Roasted almonds nutrition
Almonds are full of health benefits, being high in protein and an excellent source of vitamin E. If we compare raw almonds against a roasted almonds, the healthy differences are quite minimal. One portion of dry roasted almonds (28g) equates to 167kcal (vs one raw almond portion is 161kcal). The difference appears depending on what we add to the roast. Our recipes use minimal amount of sugar & very small amount of salt in the spice mix. The use of coconut oil lowers the fat content. To understand the full nutrition, see below the recipe for the nutrition facts.
- Raw Almonds (experiment with other nuts like cashews or peanuts)
- Christmas Spice Mix – use this spice blend for many recipes like Christmas Cakes & Biscuits, Christmas Chutney & Festive Latte – worth making a jar for all your holiday baking! Make this mix with cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, orange zest, ginger & cloves and a pinch of salt.
- Brown Sugar – can alternatively use whichever sugar you have available, I love using brown sugar as it brings a deeper caramelised flavour
- Coconut Oil to keep it healthy but use sunflower oil as an alternative
How to make Christmas Spiced Nuts
To make this recipe, you’ll need raw almonds in their shells. The next step is to smother them in our Christmas Spice Mix (click here to make), added with brown sugar and coconut oil to allow the spice mix to coat the nuts. Roasted the almonds for 20 minutes, it is important to toss them half way through roasting for an even bake!
Christmas Hamper Gifting
We packed these nuts in recycled cellophane bags then added Christmas ribbon to decorate. Alternatively store the nuts in a jar and add to a Christmas Hamper as part of a gift basket. Click the link below to see more ideas & recipes to build your own Christmas Hamper to give to your loved ones. Check out all our recipes here!
Christmas Spiced Nuts
- 200 g Raw almonds
- 2 tsp Christmas Spice Mix See how to make below
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Combine all ingredients freezer bag, seal and shake well to combine. Alternatively can mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to coat the nuts in the spice
- Lay out the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes then toss and shake the nuts around to ensure and even roast. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven an the nuts should be caramelised and crispy. Leave to cool before serving.
- Store in a jar or bag for up to 2 months
Did you try this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!