Lemon Feta Dip
This delicious recipe for whipped Lemon Feta Dip is zesty, creamy and rich yet so quick and simple. Using only 5 ingredients this dip is perfect to throw together when you have guests or for an easy delicious dipping sauce.
What to eat with Feta Dip
For this recipe, the cheese dip is served with roasted tomatoes, either large or cherry tomatoes. The freshness of the tomato and the deep creamy dip go perfectly together. However this recipe can be eaten with salad, on canapes or served as a dip with crackers.
Ingredients in Lemon Feta Dip
This recipe consists of yogurt, feta cheese, lemon juice & zest and black pepper. I like serve with a drizzle of oil from the roasted tomatoes tray. See below our quick video explaining how it is made.
Benefits of Feta
The thought of a cheese dip just seems so calorific but using feta cheese has it’s health benefits. Compared to most other cheeses, feta is low in calories and fat. It also contains high amounts of B vitamins and calcium as well as benefitical bacteria. You will notice I don’t add any salt to this recipe and that is because feta already is relatively high in salt.
Make it vegan
When I make this dip, I use coconut yogurt which is already vegan but you can also buy vegan feta cheeses which can be used instead of dairy feta. Check out our vegan recipes here.
Lemon Feta Dip
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 100 g Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Lemon Zest equates to 1/2 tablespoon
- 1/2 Lemon Juice equates to 1 tablespoon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- If you are serving with roasted tomatoes, prep these first by putting on a tray with oil and salt and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 190°C
- For the dip, simply put all the ingredients together and blend until all ingredients are combines and a creamy texture is formed.
- Serve with a drizzle of the roasted oil from the tomatoes or if you are not roasting veggies, drizzle over 1 tsp olive oil as a garnish.
- keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
We would love to hear from you in the comments below!