This is the cheats guide to homemade quick aioli recipe. This ingredients for this garlic sauce is with mayo & mustard, perfect for burgers.
There are so many recipes and flavours for hummus so we want to share our standard recipe. Making hummus from scratch is so easy and ends up being cheaper, healthier and tastes great.
There are so many benefits to eating garlic and this is an easy way to Roast Garlic in the oven which will make you want to eat it with every meal. This recipe creates a garlic base for so many dishes like; casseroles, soups, salad dressings, hummus, for sandwiches, for pizza or as a pasta sauce.
Roasted Garlic in the Oven
It is so simple to roast garlic in the oven, the smell is amazing and using the whole bulbs means all the flavour is concentrated. See below our delicious recipe to create garlic spread which is has the consistency of butter. I use as an appetizer to spread on bread or to make garlicky hummus.
Another way to roast garlic is to remove the peels and place all the peeled cloves in a tray with oil, a pinch of salt and herbs, cover in foil and cook for around 20 minutes. This makes delicious spreadable cloves which can be stored in a jar submerged in oil.
Best Ways to Store Roasted Garlic
The below recipe is a guide for quantities per whole garlic bulb however you can double up on this and freeze for future use. I use an ice cube tray to portion the spread to freeze. Once completely frozen, I pop them out from the ice cube tray and combine in a freeze bag.
TOP TIP: Don’t throw the garlic skins away after cooking! Use the skins as part of a vegetable broth, see our how to here…
Roasted Garlic Spread
- 1 Whole Garlic Bulb
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary or Thyme
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C. Trim the top quarter of the heads from the garlic bulbs and place on a sheet of baking foil. Pop out the garlic from the heads section and add these onto the foil too (this avoids waste but also having these pieces without skins will add a few golden crunchy bites to the spread).
- Drizzle over the olive oil, salt and rosemary and close the foil to wrap the garlic in a loosely sealed parcel.
- Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, then open the oven and pull apart the foil closure to expose the garlic, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly, then squeeze out the garlic from their skins into a bowl, adding any of the oil, herbs and salt which are left on the foil.
- Use a blender to puree the mix. Store in the fridge for 2 weeks or place in the freeze for up to 3 months.
Did you feel inspired to try this recipe? Get in touch and let us know in the comments below!